At Djanogly Northgate Academy, we believe our unique children deserve a holistic curriculum that shapes them as aspirational individuals. Through purposeful and rich experiences, we aim to broaden children’s perspectives on life and instil a life-long passion for learning.
We believe in an ambitious, knowledge-rich curriculum because children are empowered by knowing things. The specifics of what children learn matter and subject traditions are respected, providing the vital inspiration, challenge and confidence to choose their own future.
Priorities for our parents
- Knowledge provides a driving, underpinning philosophy
- Powerful knowledge is specified in detail; knowledge that takes pupils beyond their everyday experience
- Knowledge is taught to be remembered, not merely encountered
- Knowledge is sequenced and mapped coherently and deliberately, enabling children to journey into deeper learning
- There is a balance of ‘windows and mirrors’, broadening horizons whilst reflecting on and learning from our diverse community
- A broad and balanced curriculum with access to the best that has been thought and said, providing children with cultural capital and preparing them for future success
- The curriculum is infused with our core values: Respect, Resilience, Relationships, Resourcefulness, Reflection
- Children have access to knowledge that will equip them to be compassionate global citizens